Wednesday, 5 March 2014

The Beggar

Every time I think I can be more,
I make my pen meet the paper
And write a word, darker than before.
What if I cannot afford the ink today;
I will tear the words from the newspapers
and create my poems.
People tell me that I am torn,
From these lines that they see,
Made by half rusted, half broken
blades - filled only with half a resolution
To do what they were supposed to do -
So these lines...they stretch on my skin
Like roads on the map, going nowhere.
But I not a man to be told or tamed;
I am free and I can see that you are beautiful,
And bold, and kind, and great, and you can be
Anyone or anything in this world if you believe for long enough;
I want to tell all these things about you to you
Only if you would listen to me
And stop leaving pennies in my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment